Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
1811 Parmenter Street, Middleton WI 53562
1.608.831.3399 | 1.800.688.5694
Laura Portz, Convention & Events Services Manager
Application materials, additional City permit applications, and all base permit and license fees MUST be submitted at least forty-five (45) days prior to the event (120 days is recommended for a major event).
You MUST attach a detailed map or diagram of your event indicating the specific location, layout of your event, the direction of the route, including all turns and the number of traffic lanes to be used.
Chapter 7.15 of the Middleton Code of Ordinances $50.00
Chapter 7.08 of the Middleton Code of Ordinances $10.00
Chapter 7.17(7), (8)(k), and (9) of the Middleton Code of Ordinances $100.00 fee. Prepare traffic control plan in conformance with MUTCD.
Chapter 7.17(8)(c) of the Middleton Code of Ordinances.
Safety vests must be worn
Advance notification via signage is required for any events requesting trail usage.
Chapter 21.02 of the Middleton Code of Ordinances
If yes, may have to apply for Outdoor Temporary Sale or Direct Seller's Permit
Chapter 10.48(2)(x)(iii) of the Middleton Code of Ordinances $10.00
Chapter 7.05 of the Middleton Code of Ordinances $50.00
(i.e. body piercing, massage, tattoo, etc)
Chapter 7.11 of the Middleton Code of Ordinances
No inflatable bounce houses are allowed on public property.
You must contact Digger's Hotline to have the site marked. Other lines may be required to be located by the City Utility Department for a fee. Please include these structures on your site plan (attached above).
The food vendor(s) will need to be licensed through the state.
Middleton Fire Department will need to be notified
Chapter 7.01 of the Middleton Code of Ordinances
Wis. Stat. 167.10 $250
Chapter 5.11 of the Middleton Code of Ordinances
Chapter 12.09 of the Middleton Code of Ordinances
Contact Pellitteri or any other hauler at your own cost
Chapter 6.04 of the Middleton Code of Ordinances. Ratio 1 to 100 or 1 to 50 for alcohol-focused events.
Chapter 22.04 & 22.10 of the Middleton Code of Ordinances $25
Chapter 8.08 & 7.17(9)(d) & (f) of the Middleton Code of Ordinances.
You are required to obtain general liability insurance for your event. Please see Chapter 7.17(6) of the Middleton Code of Ordinances for the requirements.
If none, please answer "none"
In addition to the aforementioned fees, Special Event organizers will be charged for damage to grounds, buildings, and/or failure to pick up litter generated from the event.
• Damage to grounds includes but is not limited to car and truck rut repairs, skid steer rut repairs, or damage to berms/turf as a result of low-riding vehicles. Repair of damage will be charged at the rate of $40 per staff hour of repair, equipment and materials at cost (soil, seed, hay, etc.)
• Damage to buildings will include but is not limited to vandalism, defacement, and breakage to any buildings, fences, equipment, gardens, tables, trees, barrels, etc. Repair of damage will be billed at a rate of $40 per staff hour of clean-up. Equipment, materials and contractor services will be billed at cost (glass, wood, brackets, etc.)
• Event organizers will be responsible for the pick-up and removal of all refuse and recyclables. If the Public Lands Department staff has to clean up following an event, the sponsor will be charged at a rate of $40 per staff hour of clean-up. Equipment, materials and contractor services will be billed at cost (garbage bags, special trash and recyclable service pick-up, etc.).
• Events requiring police services will be charged a service fee of $30-$60 per hour, per officer.
I understand the filing of this application does not ensure the issuance of this license. The Fire Chief or Police Chief may revoke a special event permit or terminate an event in the interest of the immediate public health or safety because of fire, casualty, a natural disaster or a public emergency; or for violation of conditions or restrictions that result in a threat to the health or safety of any participant or the general public. I also understand that all Special Event organizers and participants must comply with all applicable city ordinances, traffic rules, park rules, state health laws, fire codes and liquor licensing regulations. Fees for park facilities, food sales permits, tent and fireworks permits and other permits as needed are in addition to the fees submitted for the Special Events Applications.
FOR GOOD AND VALUABLE CONSIDERATION THE APPLICANT AND/OR THE ORGANIZATION AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS THE CITY OF MIDDLETON AND ITS OFFICERS, OFFICIALS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, LOSS, DAMAGE, EXPENSES, COSTS, INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES ARISING OUT OF THE ACTIVITIES PERFORMED AS DESCRIBED HEREIN, CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY ANY NEGLIGENT ACT OR OMISSION OF THE APPLICANT/ORGANIZATION, ANYONE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY EMPLOYED BY ANY OF THEM OR ANYONE WHOSE ACTS ANY OF THEM MY BE LIABLE, EXCEPT WHERE CAUSED BY THE SOLE NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OF THE CITY. THE SPECIAL EVENT SPONSOR SHALL SUBMIT A GENERAL LIABILITY INSURANCE POLICY CERTIFICATE.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field