What are Obstructions?
As a property owner you are the maintaining authority of the sidewalk adjacent to your property. In addition to correction of structural deficiencies, the public sidewalk must be kept free of obstructions.

These obstructions are not limited to just removing snow and ice during the winter months. It will include issues like parked vehicles, signs, leaves, grass, flowers, plants and shrubs that are overhanging the sidewalk. In addition, limbs from trees located on private property must be pruned to a minimum 10-foot clearance above the sidewalk.

The City of Middleton will prune and maintain the terrace trees (between the curb and the sidewalk)- Please contact Public Lands at 608-821-8360, to inform the City Forester, Mark Wegner of the terrace trees that are in need of pruning.

Show All Answers

1. When can I make minor repairs to the sidewalk?
2. What do the colored dots and arrows on the concrete mean?
3. What repairs / replacements am I responsible for?
4. What are Obstructions?
5. When will the work begin in my neighborhood?
6. Can I hire my own contractor or do the work myself?
7. Can I hire the City contractors for additional work on my property?
8. Will this work affect my invisible fence or lawn irrigation system?
9. I have water ponding on my sidewalk, and it appears to be pitched towards the street.