FALL LEAF COLLECTION
Fall leaf collection will begin in October and continue through November, weather permitting. Collection will end following the season's first snow accumulation, but no later than the end of November, when trucks are converted for snow and ice control operations.
Please see our Leaf and Garden Waste Collection Policy
for a complete description of rules and alternative options, and check the City web site for weekly progress updates
In October: Priority is given to scheduled brush collection.
In November: Priority is given to unscheduled leaf collection.
Collection of leaves in fall requires a lot of work to be done in a very short time. Your cooperation in making leaf collection efficient is both needed and appreciated. Please follow these instructions:
- Pile leaves on grass areas along the curb, but not in the street or gutter.
- Do not pile leaves around trees, posts, hydrants or mailboxes.
- Please do not park a vehicle in front of leaf piles.
- Leaves in bags or containers WILL NOT be collected.
- Leaves mixed with brush WILL NOT be collected.
Leaf collection is not scheduled on a particular week like brush collection is, but leaf collection does progress through the same four quadrants of the City as follows:
It takes about one to two weeks for the leaf collection crew to cycle through all four quadrants of the City.
- Quadrant 1: South of University Ave. and West of Park St.
- Quadrant 2: South of University Ave. and East of Park St.
- Quadrant 3: North of University Ave. and West of Allen Blvd.
- Quadrant 4: North of University Ave. and East of Allen Blvd.
Progress continually changes based on other priority work, weather conditions, volume of leaves, available staff, and equipment breakdowns.