Updated News Release Honoring Major Donors of Stone Horse Green
On Friday, September 17, prior to Jazz Fest at Stone Horse Green, the City honored and thanked all the major donors to the project. We’ll have more formal ceremonies next year when the project breaks ground and when it is completed, but we’re thrilled that we’ve met and exceeded the $600,000 fundraising goal for the $1.6 million project. The City has committed $1 million in Tax Increment Financing for the project. Nonetheless, we are continuing to fundraise due to the unknown costs of construction. See how you might join the cause and be listed on the donor wall with a pledge by September 30: https://www.stonehorsegreen.org/donorwall
Following is a list of our major donors thus far:
• Electronic Theatre Controls – sponsoring the outdoor theater ($250,000 total). ETC is an international privately held company headquartered in Middleton and manufactures lighting and rigging technology for entertainment and architectural application. ETC will name the outdoor theater in honor of their co-founder, Fred Foster, who passed away in 2019.
• T. Wall Enterprises – Terrence Wall bought and held the four original properties and sold them to the City for a reduction of $212,312 in their original purchase price and also contributed an additional $14,000 cash contribution ($226,312 total). T. Wall Enterprises is a local Middleton development company that specializes in office, multifamily and neighborhood communities.
• Hy Cite Enterprises, LLC – sponsoring the Barn Lights sculpture ($150,000). Hy Cite provides premium kitchenware internationally and is also headquartered in Middleton.
• Pleasant T. Rowland Foundation – sponsoring the fire kettle ($25,000). The non-profit foundation of American Girl founder and philanthropist Pleasant Rowland was the first lead donor to step forward for the Stone Horse Green
• Steve Cohan – sponsoring a Stone Horse sculpture ($25,000). Steve Cohan is Chief of FCS Partners in Middleton, home to nine innovative organizations, and the FCS facility is the only commercial multi-tenant facility specifically designed for companies in growth to expansion phases of the business cycle.
• Madison Gas & Electric Foundation – sponsoring the solar array ($15,000) for the ETC-sponsored stage, MGE Foundation works to improve the quality of life for all those who live and work here. MGE continues to be a committed partner to help the City reach its renewable energy goals
• Strand Associates – donation of $10,000. Strand is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm serving the needs of public and private sector clients throughout the US. Here in Middleton, Strand have been long-time partners with the City.
• Middleton Area Development Corporation – matching grant sponsorship ($100,000). MADC recognizes the value of the Green to businesses in Downtown Middleton and will match contributions of $5,000+ up to a total of $100,000 until September 30th.
We also thank our community donors of $5,000, $1,000 for their support of this local amenity as well as all who have donated to the project.
• Vandewalle & Associates, Inc
• J.H. Findorff & Son Inc.
• Murphy Desmond S.C.
• Thomas R Pientka - Cardinal View Senior Living
• Susan C. Grimes
• Gary & Robin Zimmerman
• The Titus Family
• Bill and Lynn Holley
• The Olson Family – Steve, Kathy, Micki, & David
• Davis/Jatczak Family
• Frank Beverage Group
• Fuhrman & Dodge,S.C. Attorneys at Law
• The Maulbetsch Family
• Keva Sports Center
• Middleton Chamber of Commerce
• Cindy and Bob Ramlet Family
• UW Medical Foundation
• Tim, Lisa, Julia and Peter Carey
• Kevin J. Mahaney
• The Bindl Family
• The Mechelke Family
• Eileen M. Kelley
• The Conhaims
• The Ritzenthaler Family
• The Hellmer Family
• The Kozich Family
• Andy and Pam Lewis
Other Updates to the Stone Horse Green project:
• Project will begin the bidding process in November
• Summer Fun was sponsored by the Community Development Authority and held each Thursday in August and overwhelmingly attended by community members with Hubbard Avenue closed.
Copyright © 2021 City of Middleton. All Rights Reserved.
7426 Hubbard Ave, Middleton, WI 53562Unsubscribe