Finance Committee - Budget Minutes
Thursday September 9, 2021 6:00 PM
Virtual Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 699-640-6767 Password: 85916111
Call to Order
Chairperson Sullivan called the meeting to order at 6:01 p.m.
Present: Fuszard, Olson, Ramsey, Sullivan
1) Overview of 2022 Budget Requests and Revenues
Assistant City Administrator/Finance Director Bill Burns provided an overview of the 2022 Budget Requests noting the following:
• The City’s allowable general property tax levy is limited to the increase in net new construction (1.8%).
• State aids are projected to be generally flat in 2022.
• The requested budgets reflect a 2% cost-of-living adjustment for non-union employees. The EMS union contract extends through 2022. The Police WPPA contract will need to be negotiated.
• Health insurance premiums are projected with an increase of 4.9% based on the City’s current provider, Quartz.
• As requested, there is a gap of $1,116,880 between revenues and expenditures in the general fund. This includes new requested positions in the Police and Public Works Departments.
2) 2022 Department Budget Requests
Julie Peterman, Director of Tourism, presented the Tourism operating budget request.
Pleasant View Golf Course
Jeremy Cabalka, Golf Course General Manager, presented the 2022 operating and capital budget requests for the Pleasant View Golf Course.
Tammy Derrickson, Senior Services Director, presented the 2022 operating budget request for the Middleton Senior Center.
Middleton Fire District
Aaron Harris, Fire Chief, presented the 2022 operating budget and the Capital Equipment Replacement Plan for the Middleton Fire District.
Building Inspection & Community Services
Jim Sjolander, Building Inspection Manager, presented the 2022 operating and capital budget requests for Building Inspection and Community Services.
Troy Hellenbrand, Police Chief, presented the 2022 operating and capital budget requests for the Middleton Police Department.
Public Works, Refuse, Water Resources, Storm Water Utility, and Water & Sewer Utilities
Shawn Stauske, Director of Public Works/City Engineer, Dave Sarbacker, Utility Manager, and Erik Sorenson, Assistant Director of Public Works/Assistant City Engineer presented the 2022 operating and capital budget requests for Public Works, Refuse/Recycling, Water Resources, Storm Water Utility, and the Water & Sewer Utilities.
Members of the Committee asked staff to following up on the following items:
• Review the formula used for allocation of vehicle maintenance costs.
• Consider the potential for using American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds for the LED & Solar projects at the Pleasant View Golf Course and Middleton Springs Drive resurfacing project.
• Consider adding an administrative surface to special assessments for Middleton Beach Road weed removal
Motion by Ramsey, seconded by Olson, to adjourn the meeting at 9:00 p.m. Motion Passed. 4-0.
Bill Burns, Assistant City Administrator/Finance Director
Note: These minutes were prepared by Bill Burns, Assistant City Administrator/Finance Director, are based on the notes of the recorder, and are subject to change at a subsequent meeting.
Copyright © 2021 City of Middleton. All Rights Reserved.
7426 Hubbard Ave, Middleton, WI 53562Unsubscribe