Pellitteri Update- Curbside large item collection is suspended until further notice. We have a couple of announcements to share. Please forward to anyone else you feel needs to know.
- Due to COVID-19, large item collection has been deemed a potential health hazard to the driver. Reports have indicated that the virus can stay on both hard surfaces and fabrics for a duration of time. Curbside large item collection is suspended until further notice.
- We’re not sure when it will be resumed, but likely after most of the non-essential restrictions have been lifted.
- We encourage you to still have residents contact us as we’re happy to recommend alternative disposal methods. 608-257-4285 or email@example.com
- We will continue to do cart deliveries and exchanges curbside. It’s much more manageable to sanitize carts than a couch or refrigerator, and we anticipate residents generating more trash than normal since so many people are home.
- However, swap-outs at our office have been discontinued until further notice.
- We will continue to pickup extra bags of recycling outside of the cart and extra bags of trash that residents pay for.
- It’s more manageable to sanitize after picking up bags than couches.
- Reminder: extra recycling must be in clear, plastic bags (32-gallons or less, 50 lbs or less).
- Please help us to encourage residents to bag their trash (any color) and recyclables (clear bags only) securely even when it’s in the cart.
- As we all know, carts can tip over for a few different reasons. If contents spill out, it poses a hazard to the driver to pickup loose trash and recycling (picture all the pop cans touching peoples’ lips).
- Thanks for your help and understanding with these changes. It’s essential that we keep the drivers healthy and on the road in order to be able to continue collection.