City of Middleton Closures & Program Cancellations
With schools closed effective Monday, March 16, and tight restrictions on gatherings of 50 or more people (see bottom of this message) from Dane County Public Health, many City of Middleton staff will not have child care or school availability until at least April 6 if not later. Following are the City's actions to date:
• The Library building is closed: https://www.cityofmiddleton.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=880
• The Senior Center is closed for programming purposes, but is open for critical functions: https://www.cityofmiddleton.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=879
• The Youth Center is closed due to school closures, and all City Recreation programs are cancelled for the foreseeable future.
• The Finance Department/City Clerk will be closed to the public effective Monday, March 16. City staff will be working and members of the public are encouraged to contact the office by phone, mail, or electronically with any questions. Absentee voting is continuing by mail. See the following link to learn how you can vote absentee or early: https://www.cityofmiddleton.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=878
• While City Hall employees will still be working in the building to the extent possible, I will ask the public to direct calls to the Public Works office at 821-8370 rather than coming to City Hall if at all possible.
• We will take steps to encourage employees who can to work from home.
• The Police Department has curtailed many of its activities as well: https://local.nixle.com/alert/7867842/
In the meantime, I'm seeking additional emergency executive authority from the City Council on Tuesday, March 17, to help weather the City through this pandemic emergency.
‘Like’ the City of Middleton on Facebook.
Follow the City of Middleton on Twitter.
Public Health Issues Order Closing Schools and Imposing Countywide Directive to Stop Holding Gatherings of 50 or More People
Sunday, March 15, 2020 - 2:35pm
Schools are closed as of 03/16/2020
Public Health Madison & Dane County is issuing a county-wide directive pdf to close schools as of March 16, 2020 at 12:01am to mitigate the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
This order is also a county-wide directive to stop gatherings of 50 or more people. This order will continue until further notice.
“Schools play a crucial role in providing nutrition and other critical services to students, but they also pose a risk to children and staff with underlying health conditions and their closure can reduce community spread of COVID-19,” said Janel Heinrich, Director of Public Health Madison & Dane County. “Closing schools and canceling events are a disruption to our lives, but we believe these measures are necessary for the safety of our community.”
Wisconsin Statute 252 outlines a health officer’s authority to take “all measures necessary to prevent, suppress, and control communicable disease.” Violation of or failure to comply with this order is a crime punishable by fine, imprisonment, or both.
Public Health Madison & Dane County further strongly recommends that all nonessential social gatherings of under 50 people be postponed.
If a gathering must be held with fewer than 50 attendees, Public Health Madison & Dane County recommends the following precautionary steps:
• Older adults, pregnant women, people with weakened immune systems, and people with underlying health conditions that are at increased risk of COVID-19 are encouraged not to attend (including employees);
• Social distancing recommendations should be met (limit contact of people within six (6) feet from each other for ten (10) minutes or longer);
• Provide sanitation and prevention hygiene resources to all attendees and employees; and
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
This is a rapidly evolving situation. For the latest information, visit the CDC’s coronavirus website , the Wisconsin Department of Health Services website , or the Public Health Madison & Dane County coronavirus page.
Copyright © 2019 City of Middleton. All Rights Reserved.
7426 Hubbard Ave, Middleton, WI 53562Unsubscribe