Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Middleton Recycling Center is partially re-opening beginning on Saturday, May 16. Please read the information below regarding limited services offerings due to COVID-19.
Special notes during initial limited operations:
1. Thank you for your patience, and for storing recyclables at your home, while we were temporarily closed due to the pandemic. The Middleton Recycling Center will open on Saturday, May 16 with limited operations.
2. Visitors to the Recycling Center are asked to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth while in the center. Middleton staff will also be wearing a mask.
3. Until further notice, we will not accept materials that require payment of a fee, including TVs, computer monitors, microwaves or rechargeable batteries. Please continue to store those items for recycling when we’re able to expand services to safely accept payments again. We will accept for recycling all other (non-fee) materials listed on this page.
4. Even with limited operations, we anticipate there may be periods with long lines and wait times. Please plan accordingly, and please be patient. If we can’t operate safely, we can’t remain open.
5. Up to two vehicles (preferably one) may be allowed into the building at one time. This is intended to help achieve social distancing for public health. Please remain at least 6 feet from others (including staff) while using the center.
6. Staff at the Middleton Recycling Center are not able to assist residents in unloading recyclables. Customers are expected to place their materials in the proper receptacle and to help keep the center neat. Due to risk of infection, staff cannot reposition recyclable materials inefficiently placed in dumpsters. Inefficient dumpster use may require closing early to allow changing of dumpsters, and will raise expenses.
7. Prior to closing time, staff will set a sign behind the last vehicle that will be allowed in for the day. Others waiting in line will need to return another day.
8. Freecycle to remain closed at this time.
For additional information, please visit the Middleton Recycling Center webpage at: cityofmiddleton/recyclingcenter.