In January, unscheduled collection of Christmas trees will be made as crew time and weather permit. Branches stacked at the curb will also be collected during this time, if not snow covered or frozen to the ground. To ensure trees can be collected, please remember to:
- Remove from trees all tree stands, lights, tinsel, garland, ornaments and plastic bags.
- Place trees and brush away from garbage and recycling carts, fire hydrants and mail boxes.
Wreaths should be discarded in your brown trash cart. The wire holding boughs together cannot be chipped or mulched. As an alternative, residents may take their wreaths apart, recycle the metal, and set out the wood twigs for yard waste collection in spring.
Remember that you may drop off indoor & outdoor holiday lights for recycling at no cost through January at:
- Ace Hardware, 2540 Allen Blvd.
- Wolff Kubly Ace Hardware, 6305 University Ave.
- City of Middleton Recycling Center, 4330 Parmenter St.