In response to yesterday's storm, the City of Middleton will conduct a city-wide brush pickup on Monday, June 20. Brush must be out by 7:00 AM. Depending on the amount of brush, this may take several days to complete.
How to Report Tree Damage
To report damage to a city tree in the terrace, or if a private property tree has fallen and is blocking the road or sidewalk, call the Public Works office at 608-821-8370 between the hours of 7:45 AM and 4:30 PM or email email@example.com.
Brush Collection Guidelines
Your cooperation in making the collection of brush as efficient as possible is appreciated. Please follow these instructions:
- Limbs or branches must not exceed 6” in diameter.
- Place brush in an orderly fashion parallel to the curb, with all cut ends pointing to the right as you face the street.
- Avoid conflicts with trees, poles, hydrants, mailboxes, parked cars, and other obstructions.
- Remove all metal, roots and dirt.
- Keep brush segregated from garbage, leaves and garden waste.
- Brush trimmed by contractors WILL NOT be collected.
- Brush mixed with leaves WILL NOT be collected.
Alternative to Curbside Collection
City residents may drop off grass clippings, leaves, plants, brush, branches, limbs (up to 6” in diameter), wood chips, sawdust, and holiday trees at the MRD compost site, 5211 CTH Q, seasonally from April 1 through November 30.