CURBSIDE BRUSH COLLECTION
Curbside brush collection by the Streets Department will be provided once per month from April to October. Brush needs to be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the Monday of your collection week. If Monday is a holiday, place brush at curb by 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday.
Your cooperation in making the scheduled collection of brush as efficient as possible is appreciated. Please follow these instructions:
- Limbs or branches must not exceed 6” in diameter.
- Place brush in an orderly fashion parallel to the curb, with all cut ends pointing to the right as you face the street.
- Avoid conflicts with trees, poles, hydrants, mailboxes, parked cars, and other obstructions.
- Remove all metal, roots and dirt.
- Keep brush segregated from garbage, leaves and garden waste.
- Brush trimmed by contractors WILL NOT be collected.
- Brush mixed with leaves WILL NOT be collected.
ALTERNATIVE TO CURBSIDE COLLECTION
While it is the goal of the City to collect all brush placed curbside, that may not be possible due to other priority work, weather conditions, volume of leaves, available staff and equipment breakdowns. The principal option available to residents is:
- Drop off at MRD compost site. City residents may drop off grass clippings, leaves, plants, brush, branches, limbs (up to 6” in diameter), wood chips, sawdust, and holiday trees at the MRD compost site, 5211 CTH Q, seasonally from April 1 through November 30.