April 14, 2020, Public Hearing regarding City's proposed petition for Federal and State Aid for airport improvementsHearing notice
Resolution (draft) petitioning WisDOT for airport aid
On behalf of the Middleton Airport Commission and Common Council, I’d like to welcome you to the City of Middleton’s airport webpage. Middleton Municipal Airport-Morey Field is a modern, general aviation facility providing western Dane County and western Madison with a convenient alternative to the Dane County Regional Airport. Also known by the “C29” airport identifier, the 252-acre facility was purchased by the city in 1998 to maintain the airport as a vital part of the region’s transportation infrastructure, provide a buffer between the Airport Road Business Park and prime farmland, and enhance stormwater management in the vicinity of the North Fork of the Pheasant Branch Creek. The city contracts with Morey Airplane Company to operate the airport
As of 2017, the airport accommodates around 40,000 operations per year, and approximately 94 aircraft are based here. All hangar lots have been developed, but the City is exploring the potential for developing more hangar lots on the northeast end of the airport as part of an airport master planning process that began in 2018. Please let me know (608.821.8370) if you are interested in building a hangar at C29.
City officials expect the airport to embody the City's moniker as the "Good Neighbor City." To that end, the airport has established Noise Abatement Procedures and developed a Pilot Handbook to encourage pilots to reduce aircraft noise over certain residential areas. Complaints may be filed by calling (608) 836-6473 (same as (608) 83-NOISE) or using the online complaint form at right.
Thank you for your interest in Middleton’s own gateway to the skies!
City Planner & Zoning Administrator
Staff liaison to the Middleton Airport Commission
The Airport Commission is a seven member advisory body to the Middleton Common Council that typically meets each month. Starting in August 2019, meetings are being held on the first Thursday of each month.
Airport Master Plan Advisory Committee
The Airport Master Plan Advisory Committee is an advisory body to the Airport Commission and Middleton Common Council that was formed in early 2019 to oversee development of an updated master plan for the airport. Mead & Hunt, a Middleton-based engineering consulting firm, has been retained to prepare the plan.
Master Plan Project Website
City Regulations & Other Resources Pertaining to the Airport
- Airport data on AirNav
- Airport Layout Plan (2001)
- Airport Manager Agreement
- Building Covenants and Restrictions (Revised August 12, 2004)
- Economic Impact Studies -- 2019 and 2008 (Prepared by Bureau of Aeronautics)
- FAA Grant Assurances (2017)
- Fixed-Base Operator (FBO) Agreement with Morey Airplane Company (draft currently under review)
- Hangar Keepers’ Agreement (Adopted December 2, 2003)
- Hangar Land Lease (Current annual rates are $0.20, $0.25, or $0.35 per sq.ft., depending on hangar lot size; lease rates will be reviewed and likely revised in 2020).
- Height Limitation Zoning Ordinance (This ordinance regulates structure heights within three miles of airport property.)
- Height Limitation Zoning Map
- Minimum Standards (approved by Common Council on 4/16/19; in the process of being finalized in the form of an ordinance). (Previous Minimum Standards adopted 12/16/13)
- Pilot Handbook for operating at C29 (December 2019)
- Zoning Regulations (General and Specific Implementation Plans for the Planned Development District)
- Wisconsin Bureau of Aeronautics
For more detailed information about the airport, please visit the Morey Airport website.
To receive airport email updates, please sign up for Notify Me.