Interested in hangar space at C29? Take this survey! (Deadline is 8/1/22)
On behalf of the Middleton Airport Commission and Common Council, welcome to the City of Middleton’s airport webpage. Middleton Municipal Airport-Morey Field is a modern, general aviation facility providing western Dane County and western Madison with a convenient alternative to the Dane County Regional Airport. Also known by the “C29” airport identifier, the 252-acre facility was purchased by the city in 1998 to maintain the airport as a vital part of the region’s transportation infrastructure, provide a buffer between the Airport Road Business Park and prime farmland, and enhance stormwater management in the vicinity of the North Fork of the Pheasant Branch Creek. The city contracts with Morey Airplane Company to operate the airport.
As of 2019, the airport accommodates around 40,000 operations per year, and approximately 100 aircraft are based at the field. All hangar lots have been developed, but in April 2022 the City approved an airport master plan and airport layout plan that identifies the potential for developing more hangar lots on the northeast end of the airport. If you're interested in building a hangar at C29, please contact the airport manager at 608.836.1711.
City officials expect the airport to embody the City's moniker as the "Good Neighbor City." To that end, the airport has established Noise Abatement Procedures with a Map and developed a Pilot Handbook to encourage pilots to reduce aircraft noise over certain residential areas. Complaints may be filed by calling (608) 836-6473 (same as (608) 83-NOISE) or using the online complaint form at right.
Thank you for your interest in Middleton’s own gateway to the skies!
City Planner & Zoning Administrator
Staff liaison to the Middleton Airport Commission
The Airport Commission is a seven member advisory body to the Middleton Common Council that typically meets each month. Meetings are generally held on the first Thursday of each month.
Airport Master Plan Advisory Committee
The Airport Master Plan Advisory Committee was an advisory body to the Airport Commission and Middleton Common Council that was formed in early 2019 to oversee development of an updated master plan for the airport. In collaboration with the Wisconsin Bureau of Aeronautics, the City hired Mead & Hunt, a Middleton-based engineering consulting firm, to prepare the plan. It was completed in 2022. For more information, see the Master Plan Project Website.
City Regulations & Other Resources Pertaining to the Airport
- Airport data on AirNav
- Airport Layout Plan (2001)
- Airport Manager Agreement (revised 11/2021)
- Building Covenants and Restrictions (Revised August 12, 2004)
- Current Petition for Airport Improvement Aid (Adopted 6/2/20)
- Economic Impact Studies -- 2019 and 2008 (Prepared by Bureau of Aeronautics)
- FAA Grant Assurances (2017)
- Fixed-Base Operator (FBO) Agreement with Morey Airplane Company (revised 11/2021)
- Hangar Keepers’ Agreement (Adopted December 2, 2003)
- Hangar Land Lease (updated in 2020; annual rates vary according to lot size)
- Height Limitation Zoning Ordinance (This ordinance regulates structure heights within three miles of airport property.)
- Height Limitation Zoning Map
- Minimum Standards (approved by Common Council on 4/16/19; in the process of being finalized in the form of an ordinance). (Previous Minimum Standards adopted 12/16/13)
- Noise Abatement Procedures Map
- Pilot Handbook for operating at C29 (updated August 2020)
- Zoning Regulations (General and Specific Implementation Plans for the Planned Development District)
- Wisconsin Bureau of Aeronautics
Policy Statements (Resolutions, Petitions) regarding the airport
- January 2022 Petition to WisDOT for Airport Improvement Aid. The purpose of this petition is to make the City eligible to received Federal and/or State funding assistance to install an unleaded fuel tank at the airport. The project list in the resolution also includes items from the City's 2020 petition for which the City may still wish to obtain funding assistance. The Council adopted this petition in
- Resolution Regarding Unleaded Fuel Implementation at the Airport (2022)
To receive airport email updates, please sign up for Notify Me.