Community Campus Plan
The Middleton Common Council approved funding in 2019 for a Community Campus Plan for downtown Middleton. The Community Campus Plan has six main goals:
- Identify opportunities to modernize and/or replace the City’s current public facilities in Downtown Middleton where needed and appropriate.
- Identify opportunities for more efficient utilization of land through opportunities for combined facilities, flexible spaces that can serve more than one purpose, and underground and/or shared parking opportunities.
- Ensure that municipal facility space needs are met, and can accommodate future growth of the City.
- Identify opportunities for private development or public-private partnerships. Mixed-use development is encouraged.
- Enhance downtown Middleton by creating concepts for buildings that will be visually-appealing, inviting, customer-friendly, and functional.
- Align with the City’s ambitious goals related to environmental sustainability by identifying opportunities for compact urban form, renewable energy generation, energy-efficient design, water-efficient design, and sustainable storm water management and landscaping designs.
The request for proposals was sent out in February 2019.
The City selected SEH, in association with EUA and Findorff for this project.
The Community Campus Committee has been guiding this process since early 2019.
Community Campus Committee Members
There are nine members on the Community Campus Committee:
- Common Council appointment (Kathy Olson, District 1)
- Plan Commission appointment (Jennifer Murray)
- Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Commission appointment (Matt Amundson, Public Lands Director)
- Library Director (Jocelyne Sansing)
- Senior Center Director (Tammy Derrickson)
- Chamber of Commerce representative (Kate Wicker, Chamber Director)
- Three Mayoral appointments from different aldermanic districts (confirmed by Common Council)
- (Cindy Zellers, Justin Ballweg, Jenifer Cole)
- Community Campus Plan - Draft Space Needs Analysis (presented at 9/5/19 meeting)
- Community Campus Plan - Survey Results from Stakeholder Focus Group Participants (presented at 9/5/19 meeting)
- Community Campus Plan - Planning Options (presented at 11/5/19 meeting)
- Community Campus Plan - Display Board Layout (presented at 11/5/19 meeting)
- Community Campus Plan - Timeline (presented at 11/5/19 meeting)
- Community Campus Plan - Full Presentation (presented at 1/10/20 meeting)
- Community Campus Plan - Schedule (updated 1/22/20)
Access Agendas & Minutes
- Click here view the agenda and minutes for any CCC meeting.