2020 Comprehensive Plan Updates
[DRAFT] VISION STATEMENT
The City of Middleton is a sustainable, urban community with an exceptional quality of life that is rooted in environmental stewardship. We are a thriving and safe community accessible to all, and celebrate diversity and equitable opportunities for all people.
[DRAFT] COMMUNITY VALUES
As the Good Neighbor City, Middleton embraces...
- Community – We are a welcoming, inclusive city with a distinct identity, anchored by a vibrant downtown.
- Sustainability – We meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- Equity – We celebrate diversity and strive for fair and just opportunities and outcomes for all people.
- Health – We focus on the well-being of people and the environment.
- Accessibility – We embrace full participation by all members of our community.
- Innovation – We collaborate with individuals, businesses, and organizations to embrace new ideas that will foster strong economic growth.
- Resiliency – We aspire to be a community that is capable of withstanding and recovering from adverse situations.
[DRAFT] GOALS BY CHAPTER
- Land Use – Middleton will establish a land use pattern that promotes compact development, protection of natural resources, a range of housing options, mobility, and economic growth in order to maintain an exceptional quality of life.
- Transportation – Middleton’s transportation system will be safe, reliable, convenient, affordable, and less reliant on single occupancy vehicles so as to reduce environmental impact, promote active lifestyles, and enhance prosperity.
- Housing – Middleton will support a wide range of housing types, sizes, and costs throughout the City, including quality affordable housing, in order to meet the projected housing needs.
- Economic Development – Middleton will support an inclusive and innovative economy that includes a range of high quality jobs and educational opportunities to serve the needs of the community at large.
- Character – Middleton will embrace the vibrant characteristics that shape our community’s evolving identity while celebrating its heritage.
- Green City – Middleton will preserve, protect and enhance our unparalleled connections to nature, agriculture, and water resources, and we will continue to lead with a community-wide stewardship ethic that will equitably mitigate climate change and adapt to our changing environment.
- Local Government – Middleton will continually engage stakeholders, provide high quality and efficient services, and develop partnerships with other agencies and units of government where appropriate to meet community needs.
2018 Comprehensive Plan Updates
- Public Participation Plan
Chapter 1 - Introduction (Updated 9/13/18)
Maps: Regional Context
Chapter 2 - Issues and Opportunities (Updated 9/13/18)
Chapter 3 - Intergovernmental Cooperation (Updated 9/13/18)
Chapter 4 - Housing Element (Updated 9/13/18)
Chapter 5 - Transportation (coming soon)
Policy memo (December 2016)
Maps: Road Network Plan
Bicycle Network Plan
Chapter 6 - Utilities and Community Facilities (Updated 10/28/16)
Maps: Community Facilities
Chapter 7 - Agricultural, Natural and Cultural Resources (coming soon)
Chapter 8 - Economic Development (Updated 10/10/18)
Chapter 9 - Land Use (coming soon)
Maps: 8a - Future Land Use (Planning Area View)
8b - Future Land Use (City View)
9a - Future Land Use (Planning Area View)
9b - Future Land Use (City View)
Chapter 10 - Implementation (coming soon)