Scheduled collection of brush will be provided once per month from April through October. All brush must be out by 7am on Monday of your scheduled collection week. Special collections may be made in response to city declared storm events.
Your cooperation in making the scheduled collection of brush as efficient as possible is appreciated. Please follow these instructions:
- All brush must be out by 7 a.m. on Monday of your week.
- Limbs or branches must not exceed 6” in diameter
- Place brush in an orderly fashion parallel to the curb, with all cut ends pointing to the right as you face the street.
- Brush trimmed by contractors WILL NOT be collected.
- Brush mixed with leaves and other materials WILL NOT be collected. Brush is considered hard limbs from trees and shrubs.
- Avoid conflicts with trees, poles, hydrants, mailboxes, parked cars, and other obstructions.
Please see the City’s Brush Collection Policy for a complete description of the curbside brush collection service schedule, rules and alternative disposal option.
Brush collection progresses through the four quadrants of the City as follows:
|Quadrant 1: South of university Ave. and West of Park St.||1st Monday of the month|
|Quadrant 2: South of University Ave. and East of Park St.||2nd Monday of the month|
|Quadrant 3: North of University Ave. and West of Allen Blvd.||3rd Monday of the month|
|Quadrant 4: North of University Ave. and East of Allen Blvd.||4th Monday of the month|
To determine your scheduled pick-up, click the following link to view the Brush Collection Schedule Map.
Collection on private property is prohibited, unless a Release of Liability Agreement is signed and on file with the Dept. of Public Works.
Chipped wood will be delivered to property owners upon email request. Residents must agree to take an entire truck load at a time, typically 8-10 cubic yards. Material is not quality commercial grade. It contains various types of wood bark, sticks and leaves.
Alternative to curbside collection:
City residents may bring the following items to the Metropolitan Refuse District (MRD) located at 5211 Highway Q Waunakee, WI 53597 at no charge: brush, branches, (up to 6” in diameter), wood chips, sawdust, grass clippings, leaves, plants, and Christmas trees. The MRD does not accept painted or treated wood products, stumps, logs, sod, plastics, trash, asphalt, concrete or other hazardous waste at the site. View the Compost Tab (left) for more info.