- Public Works
Pellitteri wants to keep costs down for collecting recyclable materials, but they need our help. Beginning April 2019, improperly placed recyclables will be tagged and not collected. Please see Pellitteri's memo, and review additional information on the City's and Pellitteri's web sites for a list of recyclables materials and proper cart placement.
Middleton Recycling Center
The Middleton Recycling Center is open year-round Saturday mornings (excluding major holidays) from 8am to noon, and Wednesday evenings (May through September) 5:30pm to 7:00pm. The Recycling Center is located at 4330 Parmenter Street next to the Municipal Operations Center. The phone number is: 608-821-8390 (answered only during open hours). The Middleton Recycling Center is for use only by City of Middleton residents. Please be prepared to show ID to prove City of Middleton residency.
Electronics Collected: In 2022, the Recycling Center collected 49,251 pounds of electronic items. That includes all types of electronics like TVs, microwaves, computers, electrical wires, toasters, coffee makers, dehumidifiers, and more. Since 2017 the Recycling Center has collected 344,725 pounds of electronics which averages out to 57,454 pounds collected per year. That's a lot of electronics that didn't end up in a landfill.
There continues to be a significant amount of non-accepted items found at the Recycling Center including painted and engineered wood, glass objects, packing peanuts, paper, foam sheets, foam insulation and packing material, bubble wrap, salt bags, cardboard tubes, pizza boxes, cooking oil, and many other non-accepted items.
Disposing of non-accepted items at the Recycling Center causes contamination of recycled materials, increases recycling costs, and can render recycled materials as waste due to the difficulty of sorting out non-accepted items.
Please become familiar with the items that are accepted and not accepted at the recycling center by visiting the recycling center web page listed above or by reviewing the City's Trash and Recycling Guide linked below. The City needs your help to ensure that our recycled loads are not contaminated with non-accepted items. Thank you!
- The Middleton Recycling Center is for use by City of Middleton residents only. Be prepared to show ID to prove City of Middleton residency.
- Hours are Saturday mornings from 8:00am - 12:00pm (except major holidays), and Wednesday evenings from 5:30pm - 7:00pm (May through September).
- Payment of fees for items can be by cash, check, or credit card. There is an additional 3.5% charge for credit card transactions. Electronic checks have an additional $1.15 charge. Exact cash is preferred. The fees for items are listed on the recycling webpage and at the Recycling Center.
- Please read the signs posted at the Recycling Center and follow all listed rules and requirements. Please ask staff if you have a question or are unsure what can be recycled.
- No more than 3 vehicles are allowed in the Recycling Center at the same time. The 3-car limit is for the safety of visitors and to facilitate the flow of traffic. Enter through the Entrance (east door) in your car and exit through the Exit (south door). Do not walk in either door to avoid waiting in line.
- There may be periods with long lines and wait times especially near closing time. Have your items ready for disposal to facilitate the flow of traffic. Please be patient and respectful of others at the Recycling Center.
- Staff at the Recycling Center are not able to assist in unloading items.
- Cart Placement.PDF
- Collection Calendars (Links to Pellitteri website)
- Construction and Demolition Recycling (Ordinance 6.04(8) required for roofing and siding projects and encouraged for all other building projects)
- Dane County Clean Sweep Information (Links to County of Dane Wisconsin website)
- E-Cycling (Links to Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources website)
- Expanded Recycling List (Links to Pellitteri website)
- List of Items Banned from Landfills.PDF
- New Resident Information.PDF
- Refuse and Recycling Collection Map.PDF
- Trash & Recycling Guide
- Earth Stew Compost Services 608-213-6990
- Curbside Composter 608-338-4798
Kipp Street Station - Material Recovery Facility - Environmental Stewardship at Work
View the video to see how your single stream recycling gets sorted at Pellitteri's state of the art facility.